October 16, 2008

shameless pimping

because i can, i am pimping my writing blog. look over there on the sidebar and click on the link to notes from no one and nowhere. take a look. i'm sure you'll find something interesting. i really need to post more there...anyway! here's a sneak peek courtesy of note #72:

oh babe, what do you say
i took out my heart today
and let it bleed away
all those ruby drops
of precious hate
i'm the girl
that they'd love to claim
would ruin boys in youth's embrace
we ran stone walls
at the ocean's side
and defaced old photos of you
i kissed other boys to prove
false love
but the untruth became true
burned bridges
salt tears
stained skirt hems
with mud
to my elbows and knees
i birthed a world
beneath my shoes
in graveyards
swamps and fields
we ran as far as we could go
threw epitaphs into the breeze
and slowly found our way
home
in soiled sheets
i lost my wings
and the final traces
of you.

No comments: