May 31, 2014

one month on...

so a good month has passed since i last posted (as usual) and things are somewhat better. i managed to get caught up as of yesterday all because i worked from home and didn't have to take calls for a week. the reason i didn't have to take calls for a week? i was on a work trip. first person from my department to be sent on a client on-site ever. i got to go see a client that i've been working with as their exclusive person for one of our products for over a year now, which was cool. it was a nice, though quick, trip.

so now i have added michigan to the places that i've been. plus i ended up going through o'hare twice, which means i've been to chicago three times in my life now and never left the airport. which i don't know if people really count that as places traveled or not, but the only places i can really say that about anyway are denver, chicago, and houston, so whatever. i think the best part of the whole trip was getting to have dinner and hang out for a few (awkward) hours with one of my best friends from childhood who i had reconnected with some 5-6 years ago after randomly searching for myself online. we hadn't seen each other in 26 years and are both a bit shy/socially not outgoing, so it was a major thing and we're both happy we did it.

i stopped by work yesterday to drop off my laptop and go to a department happy hour and found out that i'm going to be taking yet another trip! i'd just pretty much ruled out a trip to our other office as it hadn't been mentioned in a long time and the situation that was going to have me going had been made null, so wasn't expecting to be told that i'd be heading out there for training this summer. mind you, it sounded like my boss was thinking about sending me out there around the time i'm going down to california, so luckily i got to remind her of that and it will hopefully be pushed out some so that i can recoup a little before having to spend all that money again (ie get the funds back in my account so i don't have to go into the hole paying for a work thing).

*sigh* so yeah, sounds like this is the spring/summer of travel. i'm flying places three times this year! i've only flown places once since 1990 and that was my trip nearly three years ago to nola and vegas. now in the space of about 2-3 months i'll have gone to michigan, california, and north carolina. if i decide to go to the ny dollpa, that'll make a fourth trip. >_<

anyway, facing down big things this summer with trips (last minute, long planned, short planned), major training initiative, and whatever else is thrown at me. oh, that training initiative? that means that my job is showing that they're invested in me and believe that i am one of the best candidates for adding on a new service for my department. the only others are people who came to my department from another that handles the services daily. so yeah, go me. i'll be the only person trained in all of the programs that we offer at my company. it's a little daunting as i keep being switched around on what products i'm fully supporting, so keep forgetting things because i don't handle some of them for a month or two, but we'll see how this all goes...

No comments: